fbpx

Let's get down to business.

• kylierae

Business Owner

@kylierae

How best to communicate value added…

Question submitted 09/09/21 @ 04:14pm

Kia ora team, I'm really keen to get some advice on how I can best communicate the value of my packages concisely - specifically in an email when people ask me for a proposal with costs. I'm finding that when I'm pricing up bespoke packages, that often people haven't read a lot of the info on our website to understand the value add. For example, we have a built-in contribution fee that is like a conservation donation (can't call it a donation for tax purposes). Also, our packages are super unique and logistically challenging to coordinate, so there are higher built-in costs for say a lunch, than what there is for a corporate group to go to a cafe for lunch. I don't want to overload enquirers with too much info in an email, but it ends up being quite long. More often than not, corporate groups won't give you a budget up front (fair enough) but I'm finding that I'm wasting a lot of time pricing packages for companies that don't have the budget. I do have some indicative pricing on the website that I refer them back to to try and qualify them as leads, but it's not working terribly well! I'm talking about the bushboardroom.co.nz if it helps to give context.

Category: Brand & Marketing
      • Comments

• Views

• Shares

• Andrew Hamilton

Admin

@andyadmin

Reply submitted 09/09/21 @ 04:14pm

Up
        Down
        ::

Hi Kylierae – hope you are good.

I am thinking that more data would help to work out what is going to work for you in terms of conversion, and ultimately securing customers. I am sure if you just gave a flat fee than you might have higher non-response rate (if you don’t explain all of the elements that go into it to justify the price) – but you might want to test that.

You may also want to find a way that you don’t waste time on people who will never pay that fee – you don’t want to waste your precious time on people who will never convert.

I would try to run some tests
        1) straight package price with not much detail (and then follow-up with detail)
        2) package details with all of the fruit and value add and alignment, but not price; and
        3) package price and bullet point justification of the value add and alignment (and that has more details if they bite in followup)

See what happens, see what you can learn.

Also, here is an invite code to our new Manaaki Platform if you want to post over there as well – https://manaaki.mn.co/share/fmTNHbQqRWxZxb-h?utm_source=manual

• Shares

• kylierae

Business Owner

@kylierae

Up
          Down

Cheers Andy! Will definitely add on the new platform. Thanks for the ideas – will look to do some experimentation!

• Shares

• Esther Goh

Business Owner

@esther-goh

Up
        Down

Something I’ve seen done on the initial website enquiry/form is a field that people must check before submitting, that says something along the lines of: I understand this investment starts from $XXX. Something to consider, potentially?

• Shares

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.