Agree with Andy, if its investment you are looking for there is currently a lot of unplanned reinvestment going into investors existing portfolio companies, to ensure they can operate through this period.
I am hearing any new investments need to:
1) clearly demonstrate path to profitability within a shortened time-frame
2) be demonstrably “different” (versus ‘a better version of an existing’) and
3) be ‘a must have’ in a time when many will be operating on tight budgets
Considerations for you are not only funding you need to build your site/app but how will you win and retain paying users in this tighter market (assuming it is paid by consumer).
If its ‘sponsorship’ (assuming not-for-profit/community initiative) then there are a number of Foundations in NZ (i.e. https://www.lionfoundation.org.nz/) that provide funding grants for community initiatives.
I obviously know nothing about your product/vision, your capital needs and the ROI so if you believe in it then go for it…there is money out there, the bar is set higher but it’s definitely there for the right opportunities.
Also, COVID-19 will not last forever so now could be a great time to continue refining your product and go-to-market for a time when investors are more inclined to look at new opportunities.
Wishing you all the best with your initiative!!